Diabetes Education and Nutrition Coaching
Learn how to fuel your body to feel your best every single day.
The biggest barrier to success that I see in my clients is a lack of education about diabetes.
So often, people are given a diagnosis and sent on their way with a pamphlet, expected to know what to do next.
Talk about overwhelming, right?
That’s why my coaching programs center around education first. You deserve to not only understand your diagnosis but be able to live the rest of your life feeling confident in your food choices.
You do not need to cut carbs to live your best life.
When it comes to living with diabetes, there are so many factors that play into your overall health and wellness. Factors like sleep, stress, water intake, and movement all make an impact on your blood sugars, which is why we focus on a more holistic approach to your nutrition.
How we can work together
1:1 Diabetes Lifestyle Coaching
As a 1:1 client, you’ll receive the highest level of attention, accountability & access to me.
- A supported space to share the challenges, celebrate the wins and break down all of your nutrition confusion
- You’ll finally understand “how to eat” as a person living with Prediabetes or Type 2 Diabetes
- 100% Customized Nutrition support tailored to your unique health history
- Support on non-nutrition, daily lifestyle factors to improve your energy, sleep habits, water intake and more
- Access to live biweekly calls where you’ll get a chance to talk about what’s challenging, what’s working well and get feedback on your progress
- Unlimited HIPAA-approved messenger support between calls so you’re always able to get live feedback & your questions answered
Small Group Diabetes Lifestyle Coaching
A 12-week program with an intimate group to help you feel confident in your food choices & help you enjoy food again.
- An inclusive, supportive learning environment to explore:
- The fundamentals of Diabetes
- Recommended screenings
- Insulin resistance
- Building a balanced plate
- Reading a nutrition label
- Dining out
- …and so much more!
- Private community for the group to connect, support each other through challenges and celebrate each other’s wins
- Build a long-term health and wellness plan that fits into your lifestyle with the support of other participants
- Access to live biweekly calls with Dietitian Kristie & the rest of the group
- Complimentary Ecookbook
The Balanced Blood Sugar Online Academy
In this comprehensive online course, you’ll dig into WHY it’s so important to focus on the bigger picture of health, all while learning the fundamentals of diabetes nutrition.
Get a sneak peek at what you’ll learn inside BBSA!
- Fundamentals of Diabetes, Prediabetes & Insulin Resistance: how it affects your life, when to ask for screenings and why.
- Balance Blood Sugar Method: my signature method to blood sugar management without eliminating carbs.
- Understanding a Nutrition Label: Gain confidence for your next grocery haul & learn how to read labels to pick out blood sugar-friendly foods.
- Stress Management: Learn how stress levels affect blood sugars and different ways to manage stress.
- Intuitive Eating 101: learn how dieting can affect insulin resistance.
- Self-Compassion: Develop a flexible relationship with blood sugars and reframe your thoughts
- Plus exclusive recorded zoom discussions with HAES Endocrinologist, Dr. Dodell and Psychologist, Dr. Schantz!
Ready to get cooking?
Dietitian-Approved E-Cookbook packed with 75+ recipes for your blood sugar-friendly lifestyle
Need some meal inspiration at any time of the day? This ECookbook has got you covered. There’s over 75 recipes inside including diabetes-friendly sauces and desserts so you can have your cake and eat it, too.
Whether you’re looking for a self-paced course or personalized individual nutrition coaching, we’ve got something for you.
If you’ve got questions, contact me!
“I learned so much about how to balance my meals, and that I did not have to give up carbs and sugar. It was all about balance and education, understanding and community support. With her help, my A1C levels dropped by 0.1 which is a big deal for me, and I tested for gestational diabetes and passed! I don’t think I could have done that without her help and support. Thank you Kristie!“
“I’d often feel like I had to restrict myself from eating sweets but the cravings would hit and I’d indulge. Even when I tried to control eating the sweets, it still didn’t help my morning readings. After completing this program, my morning readings are more within a normal range at 118 and 122. Following the advice, tips and adjustments in this coaching program helped me to have more balanced blood sugars. The best part was that I didn’t have to restrict myself or cut out my favorite foods.”